Friday 1 September 2017

A Message From Your New Principal

Dear Parents,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the new Principal at James Robinson. My appointment to JRPS fills me with excitement, as I was born and raised in this community. My mother actually taught at the school from 1959-1961 until she transferred to the newly built Roy H. Crosby! I am thrilled to be joining this fantastic neighbourhood once again.

I have been a teacher and administrator for YRDSB since 1995, most recently as Principal at Trillium Woods P.S. in Richmond Hill. I left Trillium Woods in April 2016 to undergo intensive cancer treatment, but am happy to say I have received a clean bill of health and am ready to return to a job that I love.

I feel very fortunate to be placed in such a dynamic school culture, professional staff and supportive community. James Robinson has a reputation of being a welcoming and engaging place to learn. This could not be more evident in the way that staff, parents, and students have already gone out of their way to welcome me to the school.

I look forward to getting to know each Robinson family and working together as your partner in education this year.

Warm regards,

Gillian Patrick